Sunday, January 6, 2013

Vocaloids

I found the other me. The Blood Vessel. I went up to LA and started asking people if they saw a guy a guy who looked like me, but that didn't get me anywhere. Then I realized "Duh, he's a Blood Vessel!" So I started asking if people had seen someone who looked like me but with red hair. Still nothing. I decided to take a break and go to a bar, and sure enough, there he was. I walked into a club and saw him singing karaoke. He was doing For Your Entertainment by Adam Lambert, and he was fucking good! How come the me from that other universe has such a great singing voice and I don't! It's not fair!

Ehem. I'm sorry for that.

Once he was done singing, he spotted me in the crows and came over.

"Relax," he said. "We look different enough that people won't suspect anything."
"You said we need to talk," I said. "So what's this about?"
"I just want us to get to know each other a bit, handsome," he said, smirking.
"Do me a favor and never call me that again," I said.
"Okay, fine," he said. "So what's your Red Cap like?"
"What do you mean?" I asked. "You're a Vessel, aren't you?"
"I'm from a different universe," he said. "Different universe, different Red Cap."
"Wait, the Red Cap flows through its Vessel's blood streams, doesn't it?" I asked.
"Why, yes it does," he answered.
"So, does that mean you brought some of your Red Cap into this universe?" I asked.
"Yep," he said.

Shit. Now it makes sense. When I was having those dreams about ParaDan's timeline, he and that Marshall guy said something. The reason future Kallaway didn't come back in time was because he didn't want his fragments of the Brute and the Vision coming here, and they compared it to something that happened with the Red Cap. This was it. Another Red Cap infecting my universe.

"I know what you're thinking," he said. "You can calm down. I have no intention of letting your universe go to hell. Yet."
"What do you mean, yet?" I asked.
"That's not important right now," he said. "What's important is what the two of us can do for each other right now. Why don't we talk about it outside?"

We left the club and started walking.

"So what's this really about?" I demanded.
"We can help each other out," he said. "We don't need to be enemies, you know."
"You are a servant of a Fear," I said. "Why should I trust you?"
"Because I'm you," he said. "Look, I got you a little something."

He handed me a concert ticket with a picture of Hatsune Miku on it. It was written in Japanese.

"Are you asking me out?" I asked.
"If I had another ticket, I'd totally be asking you out," he said. "Unfortunately, those things are difficult to obtain, so that's the only one I have."
"Well, I don't understand Japanese," I said. "Mind telling me what the hell this is?"
"It's an underground Vocaloid concert in Tokyo," he said. "The guy behind the holograms occasionally holds secret concerts, which are really hard to get into, and have top notch security to prevent people from sneaking in or bringing cameras of any kind."
"So how'd you get a ticket?" I asked.
"I fucked a bunch of people," he said casually.
"I wish I hadn't asked," I said.
"Wanna join the list?" he asked.
"Stop flirting with me!" I snapped.
He started laughing. "Look, this thing is at Friday night, in a spot called Fujo Guraundo, 10 pm Japanese time. You may have to ask some of the locals if you wanna find the place."
"And why should I go?" I asked.
"You may learn something interesting about the Vocaloids," he said. "The secret truth that they don't want us to know."
"And what do you want from me?" I asked.
"Not much," he said. "Just a small favor."
"What?" I asked.
"If you see any of this world's Blood Vessel's, give them this," he said, handing me an envelope. "Don't open it. It's for them."
"Fine," I said. "And just for the record, I still don't trust you."
"Understandable," he said. "Now, shall we get a room?"
"No!" I snapped.
"Oh, come on," he said. "It'll be kinky."
"I don't like kinky," I replied.
"You're dating a snake girl," he pointed out.
"Shut up!" I snapped.
"Hehe, fine," he chuckled. "Peace out, for now. I'll see you after the concert."

Then he left. I guess I'd better figure out how I'm gonna ask directions once I get to Japan. Maybe one of the souls I stole from the Archangel speaks Japanese...

1 comment: