Sunday, January 13, 2013

My life has so many weird plot twists


I think my existance is directed by M. Night Shamalan. Made it to the concert. It was pretty good. They had tons of Vocaloids perdorming. Miku, Luka, Rin, Len, a bunch of others I didn't recognize. It was my first time seeing a hologram up close.

I ended up meeting David Kallaway there. Third place winner of the Game Master's last tournament.

Anyway, after the last song, the hologram of Mku started speaking to the audience. Reika translated for me in the back of my head.

“Thank you all for coming. Our next show will be in a couple months, but for now, you can all go home.”

Then she said something in English.

“I would like Daniel Ferris and David Kallaway to stay for a while.”

Me and David glanced at eac other. Something was about to happen. That much was obvious.

“You are all free to go,” Miku said to the people operating the instruments. “I wish to speak to them alone.”

They all left.

“So what, a hologram wants to talk to us?” I asked.
“That's no hologram,” David said. “It's alive.”
“What do you mean?” I asked.
“Why don't we let her tell us herself?” he said, glaring at Miku. “Tell us what you really are!”

Miku transformed into a new body, one I have never seen before. She was wearing a black leather jacket, had long purple hair tied into three braids, had a spiked collar around her neck, and was wearing purple eye liner with her violet eyes.

“I am Vocallas,” she said. “The being born of thought.”
“Just as I suspected,” David said. “A Thoughtborn.”
“One of the Manufactured Newborn's servants?” I asked.
“Yeah,” he replied.

We heard movement around us. I turned ad saw a bunch of people coming out of the shadows and surrounding us. They each had chunks of metal and ology embedded in their skin, and they looked almost like zombies.

“Shit,” David said. “Towerborn.”

They attacked us. We managed to bring most of them down, but a few of them escaped.

“Go after them!” I said to David. “I'll handle Vocallas!”
“Alright,” he said, leaving.
“Do you really think you have a chance against us?” said a new voice.

Someone else had shown up. Was a tall man with a cloth wrapped around most of his face, concealing his features. Only his eyes were visible.

“Who're you?” I asked.
“I am Vocallas's servant,” he said. “My name is Haisuke, and it is my duty to eliminate my master's adversaries.”

I started running to him, to fight, but one of the Towerborn that I though were unconscious stood up and tackled me. I was pinned to the ground. Haisuke started approaching me, drawing a knife from his belt. I tried using the Godsway, but I couldn't. Something was wrong.

Without the Godsway, I only had one other option. I wrestled my left arm free and reached into my vest pocket for the box Jack gave me. I didn't want to use it, but I was out of options. I the box open.

The entire place was filled with lightning. Haisuke was tthrown backwards and the Towerborn on top of me got thrown off. The lightning was absorbed into my left arm, and a device appeared on my wrist. Not just any device, either. It was a duel disk. From the Yu-Gi-Oh tv series.

“What the fuck?” I said out loud.
“Interesting,” Vocallas said. “Haisuke, you know what to do. Put on a show for me.”
“Yes, Master,” he said, retrieving his own duel disk from beneath the stage. “Let us duel.”

Something you should know about me; I almost always carry around a deck of Yu-Gi-Oh cards with me. No real reason, I just like having them. And I guess it's a good thing I do, because you never know when you're gonna magically acquire a duel disk and get challenged my a weird guy working for an evil data being who controls the Vocaloids.

The deck I had with me was my favorite deck. It is admittedly very flawed, but it was my first deck and will always be my favorite. It's gone through a lot of changes over the years. New cards have been added, some old ones have been removed, blah blah blah.

“I'll take the first move,” I said. “I set a monster in face down defense position and end my turn.”

“My move,” Haisuke said. Summon Gagaga Girl from my hand.
Gagaga Girl is a level 3 dark spellcaster type monster with 1000 attack.
“I'll have my Gagaga Girl attack your face down monster,” he said.
“My face down card is Dharc, The Dark CharmerI said. “Her defense is 1500.
When a monster attacks a defense position monster who's defense is higher than the attacking monster's attack power, neither monster is destroyed, and the attacking player takes damage equal to the difference in power, which in this case was 500. His life points were reduced to 7500.
He suddenly collapsed in pain, clutching his arm where his duel disk was.
“What's going on?” I asked.
“That duel disk is a part of the Newborn,” Vocallas said. “Whenever he looses life points, it bonds with him. Should he lose, the device will transform him into a Towerborn.”
“What!?” I shouted.
“Becoming on with the Newborn woulbe a fitting punishment for my failure,” he said. “Now, let us continue.”
“I activate Dharc's flip effect,” I said. “Now, I gain control of any dark monster my opponent controls for as long as she remains in play.”
Gagaga Girl switched over to my side of the field.
“I set a card face down and end my turn,” he said.

“I draw,” I said. “I activate the effect of Familiar-Possessed Dharc from my deck! By tributing Dharc The Dark Charmer and Gagaga Girl, can special summon Familiar-Possessed Dharc from my deck, then add a level 3 or 4 light spellcaster from my deck to my hand!”
Familiar-ossessed Dharc appeared on my side of the field. She's a dark spellcaster with 1850 attack and 1500 defense.
“Using her effect, I add Neo The Magic Swordsman to my hand!”I said. “Then I summon him to the field!”
Neo is a level 4 light spellcaster with 1700 attack and 1000 defense.
“I attack directly with both of my monsters!” I said. He took a total of 3550 points of damage, bringing him down to 3950 life points.
Once again, he collapsed in pain. I could see something moving beneath his skin.
“I build the overlay network with my two level for monsters to xyz suumon Number 39: Utopia!” I said.
To xyz summon a monster, you need multiple monsters with the same level. The monsters used in the xyz summon become attached to the xyz monster as overlay units, and ca be used to activate their effects.
Utopia is a rank 4 xyz monster (requiring 2 level 4 monsters to summon), with 2500 attack and 2000 defense.
“I set a card face down and end my turn,” I said.

“My turn,” he said. “I activate the spell card Gagagarevenge! Now, I can bring back Gagaga Girl from my graveyard and equip her with this card. Then, I normal summon Gagaga Magician!”
Gagaga Magician is a level 4 dark spellcaster with 1500 attack and 1000 defense.
“I use Gagaga Magician's effect,” he said. “I select a number between 1 and 8, and that number becomes his level until the end of the turn. I choose 7.”
Now his Gagaga Magician was a level 7.
“Next, I use Gagaga Girl's effect,” he said. “I choose a Gagaga Magiician I control, and her level becomes the same as his. Now both my monsters are level 7, so I can build the overlay network with them! I xyz summon Chaos Droid Double Chainsaw!”
The new monster he summoned was a giant robot with chainsaws for arms. It was a rank 7 monster with 2700 attack and 2300 defense.
“I activate the effect of Gagagarevenge!” he said. “When the monster summoned with it is used in an xyz summon, I can have every xyz monster I control gain 300 attack. Also, since Gagaga Girl was used in an xyz summon with another Gagaga monsters, I can reduce Utopia's attack power to zero!”
Great. His monster was brought up to 3000 attack, while mine was at 0.
“I also activate the trap card Xyz Chaos Armor!” he said. “After activation, this card becomes equipped to an xyz monster I control, and as long as it's in play, I can negate the effects of every other xyz monster in play!”
Not good. Normally, could use Utopia's effect to negate effects. However, with his effect negated, I could no longer do that.
“I use Double Chainsaw's effect,” he said. “By using one of its overlay units, it gains 500 attack for every card in my hand until the end phase. I have 3 cards in my hand, so it gains 1500 attack. Now, attack his Utopia!”
Utopia was destroyed and I took 4500 points of damage.
“I set a card face down and end my turn,” he said.
“Hold on,” I said. “Before you end it, I activate the trap card Birthright! Now, I can vring back Neo The Magic Swordsman in attack mode!”
“Okay,” he said. “Now I end my turn.”

“I draw,” I said. “I activate Dark Magic Curtain! Now, by paying half of my life points, I can special summon Dark Magician from my deck!”
Dark Magician is my ace card. Always has been, ever since I started playing this game. He's a level 7 dark spellcaster with 2500 attack and 2100 defense.
“I equip Dark Magician with the equip spell card Malevolent Nuzzler, which increases his attack power by 700!”
Dark Magician rose to 3200. Just strong enough.
“I have Dark Magician attack Double Chainsaw!” I said.
His monster was destroyed, and he took 200 damage.
“Now, I attack directly with Neo!” I said.
He was reduced to 2050. He collapsed again, and barely managed to stand back up.
“I set a monster in face down defense position, then I set another card face down and end my turn.”

“I draw,” he said. “I activate the spell card monster reborn to bring back Chaos Droid Double Chainsaw!”
Double Chainsaw returned. If an xyz monster is summoned through means other than xyz summoning, it won't have any overlay units.
“I activate my face down card Overlay Regen,” he said. “After activation, I can attach this card to an xyz monster I control as an overlay unit, so I'll attach it to Double Chainsaw. Then, by using that overlay unit, he gains 500 attack for each card in my hand. I currantly have 2 cards, so he gains 1000 attack! Now, attack Neo The Magic Swordsman and end this!”
“I use the trap card Staunch Defender!” I said. “Now, Dark Magician will take the attack instead!”
Dark Magician was destroyed and I lost 500 life points.
“I activate the spell card Card Destruction,” he said. “Both players discard their hands and draw the same number of cards as they discarded.”
We both discarded and re-drew.
“I set a card face down and end my turn,” he said.

“My move,” I said, drawing. I paused when I saw the card I had drawn. It hadn't been in my deck before. As a matter of fact, I don't think it's ever been in any deck.
It was the Archangel. I had drawn the fucking Archangel.
I read it's effect. I could turn things around with him.
“I flip summon Double Coston!” I said.
Double Coston is a level 4 dark zombie type monster with 1700 attack and 1650 defense.
“I tribute Double Coston to tribute summon Archangel, Lord Of The Fallen!” I said.
Monsters that are level 5 or 6 require you to tribute a monster before summoning them, and level 7 and above require 2 tributes. Archangel is level 8, so normally it would require 2 tributes. However, Double Coston counts as 2 tributes when I tribute a dark monster, so it was all I needed.
The Archangel is a dark fairy type monster with 2500 attack and 2000 defense.
“I use his effect!” I said. “Now I can equip him with a monster in my graveyard, and I choose the Power Supplier that was send to the graveyard when you used Card Destruction. Now the Archangel gains the equipped monster's effect. I'll use it to increase the Archangel's attack power by 400. Now, attack!”
The Archangel destroyed his Chaos Droid, and he lost 200 life points.
“I activate the trap card Death Machine's Last Resort,” he said. “When a Chaos Droid monster I control is destroyed, I can reduce the attack of any monster in play by half, and I choose your swordsman.”
“Now, I attack directly with Neo!” I said.
He dropped down to 1000 life points.
“I set a card face down and end my turn,” I said.

“My turn,” he said. “I activate the spell card Hell Wavelength. If my opponent controls monsters and I don't both players draw two cards. Then, I play the spell card Deth achine's revival. Now I can bring back a Chaos Droid from my graveyard until the end phase. Return, Chaos Droid Double Chainsaw!”
“How many times are you gonna bring that thing back?” I asked.
“This is th last time,” he said. “When my life points are 1000 or less, I can use a Chaos Droid monster I control as an overlay unit to xyz summon my ultimate monster! Come forth, Chaos Droid Fear Hunter!”
This one was a rank 10 xyz monster with 3000 attack and 2500 defense.
“By using its overlay unit, I can destroy a Fear card in play and have it gain that monster's attack power. Archangel is a Fear card, so I'll destroy it!”
The Archangel was destroyed, and his monster went up to 5900 attack.
“Now, attack his swordsman!” he ordered.
“I activate Negate Attack!” I said. His attack was successfully stopped.
“I set a card face down and end my turn,” he said. “During the end phase, Fear Hunter's attack power returns to normal.”

“I draw,” I said. “I activate Double Summon. This turn, I can normal summon twice. I'll start by tributing Neo to normal summon Trance The Magic Swordsman!”
Trance is a level 6 earth spellcaster with 2600 attack and 200 defense.
“Next, I summon my own Gagaga Magician,” I said. “And using his effect, I change his level to 6.”
“An xyz summon?” he asked.
“No,” I said. “Even better. By tributing 2 level 6 or higher spellcaster type monsters, I can special summon my ultimate monster, Sorceror Of Dark Magic!”
Sorceror Of Dark Magic is a level 9 dark spellcaster with 3200 attack and 2800 defense. Just enough.
“I attack your Fear Hunter with Sorceror Of Dark Magic!” I said.
“I activate the trap card Mirror Force!” he said. “Now, your monster is destroyed.”
“Sorceror Of Dark Magic can negate the effects of trap cards an destroy them,” I said. “So his attack continues.”
His monster was destroyed, and he was brought down to 800 life points.
“I end my turn,” I said.

“I draw,” he said. “I activate the spell card Death Machine's Revenge. By banishing the Chaos Droid Double Chainsaw from my graveyard, I can destroy a monster you control and deal you damage equal to its level times 100.”
My Sorceror was destroyed and I was destroyed and I lost 900 life points, bringing me down to 350.
“I end my turn,” he said.

If I could draw a low level monster with 800 or more attack, I would win.

“I draw!” I said. “I summon Shining Friendship in attack mode!”
Shining Friendship is a level 4 light fairy type monster with 1300 attack points. I know it's a weak monster, but it's important to me. I was about to attack, but I stoppped when I saw one of the Towerborn I had beaten twitching a few feet from me.
“If I attack, you'll become on of them, right?” I asked.
“Yes,” he said.
“I can't do it,” I said. “I can't let that happen to someone.”
“What are you talking about!?” he demanded. “You have the power to end this game right now! Why do you refuse to!?”
“I end my turn,” I said.

He reached for his duel disk, but instead of drawing, he clicked a button and his life points dropped to 0.
“What are you doing!?” I asked.
“I forfeit the duel,” he said.

He suddenly began writhing in pain, and cords began tearing out of his body from the inside. The cords extended, and began tearing apart the speakers, security cams, and any technology in reach, and pulled the internal pieces into his body, where they became embedded in his flesh. A hand fell down on my shoulder. I turned to see the Blood Vessel version of me standing there.

“We have to go,” he said.
“But-” I started to say.
“It's too late for him,” he said. “We have to get out of here. NOW!”

We ran. He parted ways with me after a while. I met up with David later on, and we went back to his place. We've decided that we need to find out more about Vocallas, and what she's up to. I don't like her. Not one bit. She has to be stopped.


Malkator loved Vocaloids. He would feel so betrayed right now.

1 comment:

  1. I never understand this game, how does it work? And more importantly, why is it the key factor in battling with the fears? I don't think that would ever happen in my universe.

    ReplyDelete