Thursday, January 17, 2013

The Star Spawn

The problem with finding this girl is that I have very few leads on her location in this time period. I did find a newspaper clipping that hinted at her activity in a small town in New Mexico. Didn't find her, but I did find a group of Timberwolves. A bunch of bikers were standing around outside this bar with twin triangles stitched into their jackets.

I sat watching them for a while. They kept picking fights with every one who walked out of the bar. Bullies. The girls serial. My chances were slim, but it was more likely they had seen her than anyone else.

So, taking the most logical course of action I could think of, I teleported into the middle of the group and said "So I'm looking for this girl."

I had... I don't know... seven guns pointed at my face.

I warped behind them all and gripped the hilt of my rapier.

"Blade of darkness," I whispered. "Give mercy to the wicked."

They were all lying on the ground, incapacitated, moments later. I approached who I assumed was the leader and stood over him with the tip of my sword to his throat.

"As I was saying," I said. "I'm looking for this girl. 'Bout sixteen, not very attractive, carries a jeweled sword, and has a grudge against anyone who bullies other people."
"Sounds sorta familiar," he said. "I ran into a chick kinda like that in El Paso a month ago. She may still be there."
"You're lying," I said. "Tell me where you really saw her."
"I-" he started to say, but he stopped. He looked... absolutely terrified.

He tried reaching into his jacket, but I skewered his wrist before he could. I used the Vision's eyes to look inside his jacket and see what he was reaching for. It was a folded up piece of paper. I was expecting another gun. I reached into his jacket and took it. I opened it up and read what was on it. It was written in a different language, with a lot of weird letter clusters and apostrophes. I had seen this language before.

"Do you think you can give me that?" a voice behind me asked. "I kind of need it."

I turned to look at the person. If you can call him a person.

I saw a dark silhouette of a man, wrapped in an aura of pure chaos. A truly terrifying sight.

I realized that I still had the Vision's eyes active, so I switched back to my normal ones. I no longer saw the hideous monster from before. Now it was just a normal looking kid. But it was obviously enough to scare the crap out of the Timberwolves.

"Look," he said. "I'm in a hurry, so why don't we make a deal?"
"No," I replied.
"I need the information on that page," he said. "And I'm willing to make a trade for it. You're looking for someone, right? I may be able to help."
"You're the last person I want help from Gordon!" I snapped at him. "I turned back to the Timberwolf. "Where is she?"
"Dallas," he whispered. The truth this time. "I don't know if she's still there though."
"Fine," I said. I pulled my sword out of his arm and started walking away.
"You sure you don't want help?" Gordon asked.
"Positive," I replied.
"You realize I'll eventually have to kill you over that piece of paper, right?" he asked.
"I'd like to see you try!" I called back to him before vanishing.



So, I'm going to Dallas. Fun times ahead...

No comments:

Post a Comment