Monday, July 16, 2012

Warning

I met up with Estren as planned. He had a cast on one arm and his eyes seemed normal.

"I'm glad you could meet me," He said.
"So what did you want exactly?" I said.
"I need to warn you about something," he said. "You're not normal."
"What do you mean?" I asked.
"You think your victories so far have been dumb luck?" He asked. "No. You're special. And the Fears aren't too happy about that."
"How am I special?" I asked.
"I don't know," he replied. "HELLFIRE hasn't told me everything."
"Well, why don't you tell him he's being a secretive asshole?" I asked. His eyes went weird for a second and he smacked me across the face. "Ouch! What was that for!?"
"Sorry!" Estren said. "That was HELLFIRE! He doesn't like swearing."
"And yet he finds it necessary to slap someone in the middle of a public store?" I asked.
"I try not to question his logic because I usually can't understand it," He said.
"So what's with the Fears?" I asked. "Why do they hate me so much?"
"Well, I'm sure you can guess why the Archangel and Wooden Girl hate you, but the others just seem to be trying to get rid of a potential threat," He said. "The Plague Doctor and Blind Man seem to have differing opinions though. They seem to be on your side. I'm not sure why."
"Well, what do you know?" I asked.
"I know that you're in danger," He said. "You need to be careful."
"You're gonna tell me to run away like Tsu did, are you?" I asked.
"Of course not," He said. "You're not the kind of person who would flee from his fears. I'm just suggesting that you watch your back."
"I will," I said.
"Also, You should know that you're not alone," He said. "An old friend of mine will be in town soon. He'll be able to help."

And then he vanished. Why does every one keep vanishing?

Well, I'm gonna try to contact Tony. Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment