Sunday, July 8, 2012

So Fucking Many Of Them

I got a call today. I didn't recognize the voice. He just told me to come to the park. So I packed up my sword and went there. The man waiting there for me was pretty tall and was wearing a black hoody.

"Hello, Daniel," He said. "My name is Andy Warhol of the SMSC," He said. "I've heard of some of the things you've been going through, and I think I can help."
"How so?" I asked.
"The SMSC is an organization formed to combat the Fears," He said. "I read about your fight with the Archangel, and I think you could prove to be a valuable asset to us. How would you feel about joining us?"

I hesitated. I just met this guy, and I didn't know what all the SMSC was about.

"I'd like to know more about this organization before I join," I said.
"Very well," He said. "But we can't talk here. It's too public."
"Where would work better?" I asked.
"We have a small base set up a couple miles," he said. "Follow me."
"He started walking away and I started following, but I didn't make it five feet before that masked guy from before appeared between us, facing me.
"Are you really that stupid?" He asked me. "This is clearly a trap."
"Who are you!?" demanded the SMSC agent. The masked man turned to face him. "That mask... You're one of the Game Master's cards, aren't you?"
"Oh, don't act like you don't recognize me," he said. He removed his mask and stared straight into the man's eyes.
"HELLFIRE," the man said bitterly. "I thought I got rid of you ten years ago."
"I hitched a ride on a demigod," replied. Then he turned to look at me, and I saw that his eyes were sickly yellow with slit-like pupils. "I know you're going to talk about this on that silly little blog of yours, but when you do, make sure you write my name in all-caps."
A pretty weird request, but whatever.
"I guess I'll just have to kill you both," the man said.
Then he was surrounded by black smoke and I said "FUCK! Not this guy again!"
He was about to attack, but then Wood Bitch appeared between us, accompanied by Akihiko.
"I'm sorry, Archie, but he's mine," She said. "Samurai, chop off that mother fucker's legs."
Akihiko was about to charge at me, but the Thorned Prince appeared there and parried his sword slash with a really huge thorn.

Then they all showed up.

An old man with dark glasses appeared next to me. It was the same man who left the sword at my house.

On my other side was Jack. Have you ever played Final Fantasy 10? You know those glyphs that show up on the walls in the different dungeons and temples? He had something like that surrounding his hand.

Behind Ren was a cloaked man, wearing a beaked mask. I've seen those masks in text books, and I knew at once that it was the Plague Doctor. As soon as I saw him, I wanted to rip my skin off and scrub my internal organs navy style.

Across from us, next to Archie and Wood Bitch, was the Faceless Entity. Tentacles sprouted from it's back and started waving viciously in the air.

And then I heard the singing. The Cold Boy appeared. He seemed to start as a block of ice hovering in the air, slowly growing in the air and taking the form of a child. He grinned at me.

Speaking of grins, the next guy had one that was waaaaaaaaaaaay too big. And he had the scariest eyes. I can't even describe the evil and malice that I saw in them.

A full minute of silence passed. Then, out of no where, they began fighting each other with such ferocity that Genghis Khan would has pissed himself.

I drew my sword and defended myself. I wasn't fighting to win. I was fighting to stay alive. I'm not ashamed to say that I was scared. These this- these eldritch mother fuckers- they were the embodiments of fear itself. I honestly thought I would die.

But that didn't happen.

Ren saved me. He saw I was in trouble and opened up a portal to the black forest and shoved me through.

Before it closed, I heard him say "You're too important. You can't die here."

Why? What am I important for?

I looked around for a while. This forest was weird. All the leaves were black and the trees all looked like they were about to come alive and strangle me to death at any minute. Still, it was better than that huge war between the Fears.

Then I was attacked by monsters. These hideous feral beasts started pouncing at me. I killed as many as I could, but I was severely outnumbered.

But she saved me. The transparent clawed woman who I saw when I was talking to Jack. She did some kind of telekinetic thingamajig to them and then cut them up.

"Thanks, ma'am," I said nervously. I have trouble talking to girls. Especially cute ones. And by the Gods, she was gorgeous. I think my shyness might be why I'm still a virgin. Or maybe it's just because I'm too lazy to interact with people. One or the other.
"There is something you must see," She said.

I apologize for making so many comparisons to Square Enix games, but have you played Kingdom Hearts 2? Do you remember those Dark Corridors that Organization 13 used? Well, she opened something like that, only it was cyan instead of black, and it sparkled.

I stepped through and found myself in another weird world. The sky kept changing color, and there were a bunch of little streams every where. I touched the glowing liquid trickling down on of them, and I saw a bunch of... stuff. I couldn't make sense of most of it. I saw a pirate fighting Akihiko, some one with an Iron Man like suit and swinging kamasugari around, and I think I saw the smiling dude with the weird eyes killing someone with a cloud of flower petals.

There was one seen that really stuck in my mind though. I saw myself. A twisted version of me. I was just like what Tony described in his dream. I had pale skin. No tans, no freckles, just completely pale. Except for the eyelids. My eyelids were pitch black. My hair was dark black instead of brown, and it was grey in places. It was also really fucking long.

That's about when the visions ended.

"What was all that?" I asked.
"I don't have enough time left to explain everything," She said. Her body was fading as she spoke. "You must find the answers on your own." She vanished, and a portal appeared where she had been standing.

I stepped through it and found myself at the church where I fought Archie before. I was about to head home, but I saw something on the ground. It was a small silver figure of a man, barely bigger than the palm of my hand. I picked it up. I don't know why. It's like I was drawn to it.

I'm home now. I don't know how that fight at the park ended. I kind of hope the Fears all killed each other, but I bet they're all still alive. I don't know. I need sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment