Monday, December 3, 2012

I Did It!!! Again!!!


I didn't have to use the Godsway this time. The location I was to face the Archangel was the same place my first fight with him took place. The old church. There were Timberwolves every where, all over town, but they let me through. They Archangel wanted to fight me. He ws alone when I entered, in the form of Haji.

Of course, I thought to my self. He took the form of the first guy I killed.
To be fair, I'm the one who killed him, Justin said.
Shut up, I replied. Then I spoke to the Archangel. “You plan to fight me in that form?”
“If you don't like it, I can use a different form,” he said. As he spoke, he switched between different bodies. “Perhaps your dead aunt? Tony's father? Maybe one of the Proxies you watched Benjamin kill. I have more. The champion of the Game Master's tournament, the runner up, several warriors from ancient times. Genghis Khan, King Arthur, Ali Baba, Masamune, Joan Of Arc. The bodies I possess are endless. Oh, I have an idea! How about Shane?”
“Shane?” I asked. He shifted into a familiar face.
“You remember him, right?” he said. “You only met him a few times, but he was quite liked at your high school. Especially after his untimely death. Dropped dead while running across the school field with his friends. It was never clear to anywhere exactly how he died. But I know. Would you like me to tell you the truth of his death?”
“Shut up!” I demanded.
“What's the matter?” he asked. “Don't like what you're hearing?”
“All I wanna hear from you are your reasons for doing this,” I said. “Why did you side with Bill? Why do you want to destroy the world?”
“Well to be honest, it seemed like a fun idea at the time,” he replied, still wearing Shane's body. “Of course, Dawson's planning was terrible, and it all fell apart pretty damn easily.”
“So why are you still doing this?” I asked. “It's over. Almost all the plagues have been stopped.”
“This isn't about the plagues,” he said. “It was a fun idea, but I could care less about destroying the world. All I want right now is you.”
“Me?” I asked.
“Yes, you,” he said, grinning broadly. Creeped me the fuck out. “You see, Daniel, I hate you. I absolutely despise you. That's why I'm here. I want to kill you, and reclaim what you stole.”
“Then let's end this,” I said.

He got into a fighting stance. Didn't summon any of his weapons. No scythe, no swords, not shotgun, just unarmed combat. I charged at him and threw a hook punch at his head. I wrapped my attacking arm around his as he blocked and hit him with and elbow strike to the nose. He stumbled backward and I turned to hit him with a back-two-knuckle punch (look it up) to his solar plexus. He attempted an uppercut, which I dodged by leaning back. He leaned in and tried to do a cobra strike. I stopped it with an upward block and chopped him in the neck with the same hand. I threw a backhand strike with my right hand. He brought his left arm up to defend himself. I grabbed his arm with my attacking hand and pulled it out of the way so I could catch him with a reverse crescent kick to the temple. I planted my foot between his and caught him with another hook to the temple. Two consecutive temple strikes had him stunned. I raised my leg and caught him with a skin kick to the groin. He didn't seem to notice. I guess he didn't copy Shane's genitalia. No matter. Since my leg was already lifted, I used it to sweep one of his legs from underneath him and bring him down. I dropped my wait and jabbed my knee into his solar plexus, and drove my fist down toward his face. He vanished just before it hit.

Right. He teleports. I forgot about that. I turned around and blocked a kick. I got back up part way to fight back as he swung his right arm in a hook punch. A scythe blade sprouted from his wrist as he swung, and I dropped my wait just in time to avoid it. I stood back up and pinned his with hand and punched him in the face with the other hand. He stepped back and swung his arm the other way. I leaned away from it, and the leaned back it and held his arm back before he could swing at me again. He grew another blade from his lefty knee and brought it up. I stopped it with a double downward palm block, then I whipped both my arms up and caught him in the jaw. He sprouted another blade from his right arm and swung it. I tripped over my own feet. Yeah, embarrassing, but if I hadn't I would have been beheaded. I jumped into the Godsway and appeared behind him with my wakizashi out. I stabbed it into his back before falling over from the pain of teleporting like that.

He stood over me. He yanked the sword out of his back and let it clatter to the ground. The blades sprouting from his body dissolved into smoke and his scythe formed in his hand.

“It's over!” he said delightedly.
“Like hell!” I exclaimed.

I fought the pain and got to my feet, grabbing the pole of his scythe before he could swing it. We struggled with each other, both trying to throw the other off. I managed to knock him off balance and the scythe slipped from both of our hands. He regained his footing, but I was on him before he could form another scythe. I put my hands around his throat, and he did the same to me. He stood there, struggling to choke the life out of each other. Then the weird thing started to happen. He was forced into a different body, of a man wearing a sailor uniform, then he became a tall balding man, then a woman with green hair, and multiple other forms. And all the while, I felt something filling up my subconscious. It didn't take me too long to realize what was happening; I was taking more souls from him. And he realized it to. He threw me off angrily, with a sudden burst of strength.

“You bastard!” He shouted. “You dirty rotten thief! You're dead!!”

He shifted into his giant form armed monster form, but he was bigger this time. He kept expanding til he ripped the roof off the church, then he expanded even further. If I had to guess, I'd say he was probably 5+ times as big as he was last time I saw him take that form. He swung a giant sword at me, and I jumped out of the way. He brought the scythe down, and I stumbled back just in time. I was pushed back against a door. A door I don't remember being there.

It swung open and I fell through. I was in the empty city. I panicked at first, but then another door suddenly opened right next to me. Looking through it, I could see that it opened up right behind the archangel, in his blind spot. I ran through, grabbed a chunk of fallen rock, and threw it as hard as I could. It hit him in his coccyx. He turned and attacked me with his scythe again. I jumped to the side and fell through another door, which slammed shut afterward.

“So what!?” I called out, hoping the City could hear me. “Are you trying to help me!?”
I heard a metal clang a couple feet away. I looked and saw a morning-star that had fallen from the sky, and a door appeared right next to it. Guess that answers my question kind of.

I grabbed the morning-star and opened the door. It opened into the s air behind one of the Archangel's knees. I stepped to the edge, and jumped off, cracking him in the back of the knee with the mace. He cried out in pain. I landed on the ground just as he turned to glare at me from behind his gas mask. I spun around and threw the morning-star like a hammer toss. It hit him in the face, shattering one of the gas mask's lenses. Another door appeared, and I ran through it. I was now in a room filled with various swords and lances. I got and idea. An awful idea. I got a wonderful, awful idea. I grabbed a couple swords and ran through another door. I was behind him again. I threw one of the swords, and it stuck into his back. He turned and slashed at me with a sword. I ducked under it. He slashed with his other sword, and I barely deflected it. I switched my grip on my remaining sword and ran between his legs as fast as I could. I jumped up and stabbed it as high up on its calf as I could. I ran through a door, back into the room with the weapons. I grabbed a sword and a javelin. I jumped back into the fight, and was disappointed to see I had reappeared in front of him. I don't think the city was paying attention to where it was sending me. I dodged a sword slash and jumped over a couple church pews. I barely avoided a slash from his scythe and made it behind him again. I threw the javelin into his hamstring and manage to throw the sword so that it stuck into on of his ass cheeks (go on, get the laughter out of your system). I jumped into another door just before he brought one of his swords down. I looked through the weapons, trying to chose wisely this time. I found a pickax and a Chinese wind-and-fire wheel. Perfect. I I could get my aim just right, I would be able to pull this off. I ran through a door, and this time I was glad to be in front of him. I threw the pickax overhand and it stuck into the gas mask just above the broken eye lens. I ran the gauntlet of swords and scythe again and got behind him. I threw the wheel as hard and accurate as I could. It hit him in the back of the neck. It was large enough to penetrate him very deeply, but it was just enough to pull off my plan.

I wasn't expecting him to take flight though. He flapped his wings and took to the air. He turned his swords into rifles and shot a giant bullet of darkness out of one of them. I jumped out of the was. It left a decent sized crater where I had been standing before, so I'm glad I dodged. I ran through another door before he could shoot at me again.

“Listen up, City!” I yelled. “I need you to open up a door right next to my wakizashi! I'm not trying to diss your weapons, but if I want this to work I need my own sword! Can you do that!?”

In response, a door opened, and I saw my sword lying on the other side. I ran through and grabbed it. I dodged a couple more bullets and got in position so that I could see the sword I had stabbed into his calf. I focused on it and warped into the Godsway, reappearing right by it. I grabbed it with one hand and held on as well as I could, trying to ignore the pain. I recovered, and looked up at the javelin in his hamstring. Problem. Too much distance. I'd have to improvise. I slashed him in the lg with the wakizashi. He cried out and bent his knee. I held my sword in my mouth (need both hands for this) and leapt up to the javelin. I climbed up and grabbed the sword in his ass, then gripped the sword in his lower back.

New problem. The wings. They were flapping pretty hard. This would be hard. I jumped up and grabbed the first wing, and started climbing them. I almost got thrown off several times, but I managed to get to the top and grab onto the wind-and-fire wheel. I swung myself over and managed to get one foot onto the wheel. I stood up and grabbed onto the top of his mask and pulled myself up. He jerked his head really quickly, and I lost my footing. I grabbed the pickax and hung from it before I got thrown off. I stared him directly in his expose (and really gross looking) eye, and grabbed the hilt of my short. He started to reach for me with one of his huge hands, and I quickly ignited the sword and jabbed the flaming blade into his eye.

There was a tremendous roar, and he grabbed me and threw me to the ground. I was falling to my death. Lucky for me, a group of birds caught me and carried me to the ground safely. I looked to see that Crow and Malkator had arrived. The Archangel aimed his guns at us, but Crow fire a lightning bolt that destroyed them. Malkator charged his arm blades with this silver light and fired these weird energy blades that sliced through the Archangel's wings. He fell to the ground. The three of us approached him. He was now wearing the body of some random guy I didn't recognize. He glared at us and then vanished.
“Great,” I said. “Looks like we won. One question though; How many witnesses were there? If the Fears become known to everyone, won't it cause world wide panic?”
“The Blind Man's taking care of that,” Crow said. “He's been modifying the memories of everyone who witnessed the plagues, and the birds and Slendy are destroying any footage that's out there.”
“Good,” Malkator said/ “We would have helped you out sooner, but we got tied up with some Timberwolves.”
“Yeah, figures,” I said.

I guess it's over. We stopped the plagues, and everyone's safe now.

But there is one thing that's troubling me.

The note that future me left. There's one more thing on it.


Chrysler Building. December 11.

No comments:

Post a Comment