Friday, December 28, 2012

Escape

I was limping slowly toward the temple. I was pretty far. As I walked, I started getting this weird feeling from behind me. I turned around and saw the path behind me was disappearing. Not just crumbling or dissolving, but vanishing.

Of all the fake Fears the Path Of Chaos could through at me, it had to be the Quiet.

I picked up the pace and ran as fast as I could, while the path disappeared behind me. The emptiness was catching up. I entered my vessel mode, allowing the pain I was feeling to increase my speed.

I reached the temple door and tried to open it. It wouldn't budge, even with my vessel strength. I reverted into my normal form. I can't remain in vessel mode for extended periods of time. I turned around, and saw that the emptiness was almost upon me. I turned back to the door and started to pound on it angrily. It suddenly flew of the wall and crashed onto the floor several feet away. I ran inside. The place was completely empty, save for an alter at the far end. I ran over to it. The emptiness sped up, surrounding me and the alter from all sides. I examined the alter, and I found a keyhole with an old fashioned key jammed in it. I grabbed the key, and yanked it out.

Everything went black. I was standing in front of a man wearing dark armor, with his face completely concealed beneath a helmet.

"Who are you?" I asked.
"I am the Representative," he said. "The symbol of the Path Of Chaos. I have come to inform you that you've passed. Congratulation."
"So what now?" I asked him. "I'm supposed to get something for all that, right?"
"You've all ready got something," he said. He pushed me backwards.

I fell on my back in this weird underground chamber. It was dark as hell, and there was another alter in front of my. I got up and checked it out. There didn't seem to be anything there except for a square shaped indentation on the top. I found a way out of the chamber, which turns out to have been hidden beneath the old church where I fought the Archangel.

I started walking back home, and went inside. There was a sign on my door saying "I'm gonna be gone for a couple weeks". I think ParaDan put it there so that my roommates wouldn't worry.

I need to sleep. I don't have much more to say anyway.

Oh yeah, I still have the key from the first altered. I guess that's supposed to be my prize or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment