Monday, December 17, 2012

Against My Better Judgement

Some of you may be wondering how I'm typing these posts. I've recently gotten into the habit of carrying my laptop around in my backpack, just in case.

Anyway, I was sitting there contemplating my choices for a while. Eventually, the other me came back.

"Have you made up your mind yet?" he asked.
"Not yet," I said. "None of these seam like good choices."
"They're not supposed to be," he said. "The Crossroads Of Trials are meant to test you."
"Which would you take?" I asked.
"That a good ," he said. "Seeing as we're the same person, I don't think you should have too much trouble figuring out my answer, but I'll tell you anyway. I would pick the path that seems most challenging. I would push myself to overcome my most difficult trial the Crossroads have."
"I see," I said. "You're not sticking around, are you?
"Not for long," he said. "I'm willing to help you out some, but this is a test you need to face on your own."
"I need a nickname for you," I said. "I can't keep calling you 'my future self' and 'the other me'."
"What did you have in mind?" he asked.
"I don't know," I said. "You're some kind of time paradox, so I guess... ParaDan?"
"That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard," he said. He smiled. "It's exactly the kind of thing I would of come up with."
"So, I guess that's settled," I said.
"Listen, I have to go to the Page for a while," he said. "I'll see you later."

He disappeared. I looked at the 3 paths. Insanity, Struggle, and Betrayal. But then something else caught my eye. There was someone watching me from down the Path Of Chaos. I couldn't tell who it was. They were too far away to see properly. Then they turned and walked away until I couldn't see them anymore.

I decided then and there which path I would take. I know I said I wouldn't, but I can tell that this is the right choice. I took a few steps, then turned back. The other paths were gone. Too late to change my mind, I guess. Oh well. I beat up the Archangel twice, and I played a huge role in preventing the 10 plagues. A brisk stroll down the Path Of Chaos should be no problem for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment