Friday, November 30, 2012

Nightmare On Elm Street.

I went to sleep last night, and entered my subconscious. It was to be my battleground against the Reverie. Justin awaited me.

"You ready for this?" he asked.
"Ready as I'll ever be," I replied.
"Good to hear," said another voice behind us. The Reverie had arrived.
"I'm gonna destroy you," I said.
"Good luck with that," he replied. "I'm sure you're aware of how much power I have here. Defeating you will be no problem."
"You'll have to face both of us!" Justin said, summoning his scythe.
"Great!" the Reverie said. "A challenge!"

The sky was suddenly flooded by monsters, dive-bombing us left and right. He had our work cut out for us. No matter how many we killed, the Reverie just summoned more. We were severely outnumbered. I did the only thing I could think of, and charged straight at the Reverie. His demons squished together in front of me, forming a hideous, living wall between me and him. Then Malkator showed up. He conjured a bolt of lightning that broke through the wall.

"Was that mana?" I asked him.
"Yeah," he said. "Go get him before he forms another barricade."
"Got it," I said.

I charged and started fighting the Reverie head on. He absorbed a bunch of his monsters, doubling in size. I kept fighting him, but he was too strong. He grew larger, and larger. He was at least twenty feet tall. Luckily for him, a stray lightning bolt from Malkator hit his shoulder. It didn't hurt him much, but it distracted him long enough for me to get on the offensive. I summoned a chain, and tangled up his legs with it, bringing him down. I then summoned some brass knuckles and began repeatedly hitting his face. It wasn't long before he threw me off. He stood up, ready to stomp on me, but he was hit in the chest, full force, by a massive ball of fire launched my Malkator. He fell off the edge of the ship. The demons all disappeared. I looked over the edge of the ship, but there was no sign of the Reverie. I turned back to Malkator. He had this insane look on his face. I approached him.

"He man, you okay?" I asked. He answered by throwing a fireball at my face that I barely managed to dodge. "Whoa, dude, chill out," I said.
"Don't tell me to chill out!" he shouted, hitting me with a blast of cold that chilled me to the bone. He proceeded to push me over and began kicking me.
"Stop!" I shouted.

It wasn't getting through to him. Justin attacked him from behind, but he effortlessly defeated the attack and sent Justin flying. I got up and put him in a full nelson.

"Calm down!" I said. "Keep it together, man!"

His body ignited. I was being scorched, but I held on as best as I could. "I'm your friend! Don't do this! Don't let the mana control you!"
"Shut up!" he commanded, as the flamed grew hotter. I summoned more chains to try and hold him.
"Don't give up!" I said. "I know you're still in there! Listen to me!"
The flames started to go down. It was working.
"Come on, fight it," I encouraged him. "The Ace Of Chaos told you about mana because he thought you could control it. You're not going to prove him wrong, are you?"

The flames died out, and he fell to the ground. Justin came over and leaned us both against a wall. I was pretty burnt up.

"How bad is it?" I asked.
"This are all mental wounds," Justin said. "As long as you don't die, you'll be able to recover."
"I'm sorry," Malkator said. "I lost control back there."
"It's okay," I said.
"No, it's not," he said. "I'm not cut out to wield mana. I tried to use it without practicing, and I let the power consume me."
"Hey, Rome wasn't built in a day," I told him. "You'll be able to control it some day. You just have to take it slowly and avoid going overboard again."
"If I hadn't regained control when I did, I would have destroyed your subconscious and killed you," he said.
"But you didn't," I said. "You did display some control back there."
"Not enough," he said, miserably.
"Okay, encouragement's not working," I said, standing up. Then I punched him really hard in the face. "There! We're even now! So suck it up and keep going! You agreed to take on Bill tomorrow, and you'll never be able to pull in off if you just sit around moping inside my subconscious."
"Heh, you're right," he said. "I'll see you later. And from now on, I'll try to keep my mana under control." Then he vanished.
"I guess violence is the only way to get through to guys like him," I said.


Then I woke up and started typing this.

1 comment:

  1. It has been two days by now. Could you please start telling us that you are still alive at the very least? In all other worlds I visited before, you were always close to death if you didn't say you were alright within two days after the battle with Bill!

    ReplyDelete