Sunday, November 4, 2012

The Heralds Of The Plagues

I was sitting in my room, looking at that note. I still didn't have it figured out. I just closed my eyes and tried to think about it. The word Godsway just kept going through my head. I don't know how long it was, but I after a while I started feeling this horrible pain, all through my body. It lasted for several second before the word Eerie Illinois passed through my head, and the pain stopped. I fell on my stomach, my eyes still closed. It took a while to recover. When I did, I realized I was lying in frost covered grass. I got up and looked around. I was in front of a school, which was closed since it was the weekend. I looked at the schools name, and  realized where I was. It was Eerie Elementary School. I had been warped to Illinois.

I approached the door to the school. Locked. I had to get in. I felt something in there I needed to face. I had made it to Illinois. I thought maybe I could make it inside. I closed my eyes and concentrated on the other side of the doors. Another surge of pain hit me, and I was there. I collapsed again. It took me a little while to get back up.

I wandered the halls for a while. Some of the doors were wide open, while others were locked up tight. It wasn't that long before I found him. Bill Dawson was waiting.

"Well, well, if it isn't the young Blood Vessel," he said to me.
"I've been hoping to see you," I said. "I'm going to stop-"

I passed out before I could finish. I was back in my subconscious, with the Reverie standing over me laughing.

"I'm sorry, Danny boy," he said. "I can't let you interfere with our plans."
"You!" I shouted at him. "You're in on this too?"
"That's right," he said. "And I'm going to make sure that you don't screw this all up."
"Like hell!" I shouted, charging.

I don't know how long we fought. Time doesn't flow normally inside the subconscious  Sometimes time speeds up, sometimes it slows down. It's not the same as in the normal world. It wasn't an easy fight. He was strong, and fast. I was on the brink of losing when I managed to catch him in the temple with a lucky hit. I heard a familiar voice calling to me, and I woke up. Jane was there.

"Jane!" I said. "I haven't seen you in ages! How did you...?"
"I've been traveling with Isaac," she said. I looked and saw that Bill was now fighting with a white haired man with a glave.
"Is that... O'Zalia?" I asked.
"Yes," she said.
"Hey, let me get some punches in!" I called out, jumping into the fray.

But our fight was interrupted buy a chilling coldness. I coldness I had felt before.

"Oh shit," I said, turning around. The Cold Boy and the Entity were both there.
"Finally!" Bill exclaimed. "I have been waiting for you two! Please, join me in my conquest! Help me to recreate the plagues of Egypt!"
"Yes, sound like fun, doesn't it friend?" said a voice. The Archangel appeared behind Bill, with its attention on the Entity. "We can team up, just like we did back then."

The Entity stretched out its tentacles, and tried to strangle the Archangel, but it vanished just in time. The Cold Boy approached Bill, and nodded. Bill returned the nod, and looked back at the Entity.

"It seems your strongest rivals have both agreed to work with me," he said. "Why do you still resist?"
Something weird happened to O'Zalia. He fell to his knees, and when he got back up, he glared at Bill fiercely. When he spoke, I could tell it wasn't him. The Entity had taken over.
"I refuse to aid you," it said. "I will crush your petty plans."
"Why?" Bill asked, smirking. "Why do you want to protect this world?"
"I am not protecting anything," it said. "My reasons for standing in your way are beyond your comprehension, and even if your feeble mind was able to understand, I would still have no reason to tell you. You are nothing before me."
Bill chuckled. "I may be weak compared to you, but what about my dear friends?" he said, and Nightlanders began flooding the hall, and the Archangel reappeared.
"Shit!" I said. "We have to get out of here."

I punched O'Zalia, hoping it would snap him out of it. It didn't work, but I guess a little after that the Entity decided he didn't need to control him any more and released him. We started running. When we had rounded a corner, we hid in a computer room and closed the door.

"Think we're safe in here?" Jane asked, as I slid a desk in front of the door to barricade it.
"I hope so," I said.

I was wrong. Almost as soon as I said it, the computer next to me burst open, and cords lashed themselves around my wrist. O'Zalia jumped in and sliced through them with his glave. Other computers were starting to come to life, thrashing at us with cords and firing computer chips at us like bullets. We charged through them to the window. O'Zalia used his psychic powers to blow up one of the windows and we climbed out. A bunch of cords came at me from the side and I was lifted into the air. The cords were coming out of this robotic creature. It was about six feet tall, with four metallic spider leg, each one slightly different from the others. It had two arms, one which was clawed where the cords were coming from, and another that ended in a clamp. It had two wings, one that was bat like and one that looked like a plane wing. It's head was a large metal skull.

I struggled with the cords, but it was no use. That thing was too strong. Suddenly, a flash of blue crossed my vision and the cords were severed. I felt a hand on my shoulder, and some whispered in my ear.

"Use the Convocation's power," it said, before vanishing. I got a brief glimpse of a blue sleeve before it left.

The metal creature jumped at me, and my instincts took over. I raised a hand, and lightning started shooting out of me. The metal thing collapsed, and O'Zalia took the change to slice off it's head.

"Is it dead?" I asked.
"That one is," he said. "But the Manufactured Newborn is bound to send another droid our way if we don't hurry up and get out of here."

We made it back to his current hideout. I told him to keep in touch and take care of Jane. I then closed my eyes and teleported back to my room, where I collapsed on my bed in agony.

I think I know why godsway is written on that paper now. It's how I'm supposed to get to these places.

No comments:

Post a Comment