Friday, November 23, 2012

Water To Blood

I used the Godsway to get to Boston Harbor. It hurt, just like all my other times using the Godsway, but I made it. I confronted one of the Blood Vessels at the Harbor. It was the same one I had met in LA.

"We meet again," she said.
"Let me speak to the Red Cap," I said.
"Why not me?" she asked. "I love talking to handsome boys like you."
"Cut the crap!" I snapped at her. "It's your master I want to talk to."
"Ugh, fine," she said. A red fluid rose from the ground around her feet, and took the form of a red, gooey woman.
"Daniel," it said. "You wish to stop me?"
"Yes," I said. "But first, I want you to answer a few questions."
"Go ahead," she said. "I may chose not to answer some of them, but I will listen."
"Why am I different then the other Vessels?" I asked.
"You are a Devil Killer," she said. "You have a strong resistance to mind control."
"What is a Devil Killer?" I asked.
"I chose not to answer," she said. "You must learn from someone else."
"Fine," I said. "How does the water to blood thing work?" I guess the answer wouldn't matter too much, but I was still curious.
"My servants can transform the atomic arrangement of water molecules to become identical to their blood," she explained. "Sea life will die without water."
"Why are you siding with Bill Dawson," I asked.
"No particular reason," she said. "His idea seemed interesting, so I thought I'd check it out. I don't care much either way."
That gave me my idea. "What would I have to do to change your mind?" i asked.
"Seeking a peaceful resolution, are we?" she asked.
"I'll fight you if I have to," I said. "But if there's a way to avoid that, I might be willing to go with it."
"Very well," she said. She moved aside. "Face my Vessel in hand to hand combat. If you win, I'll have all my servants retreat."
"Is that the only way?" I asked.
"Yes," she said.
"Okay," I said.

I approached the Vessel. I leveled the playing field. I allowed some of the Red Cap's power flow through me. I saw my hair turn red again. We fought. I managed to bring her down. She was on her back, and with the Red Cap's power effecting my mind, I almost killed her. But I stopped. I managed to hold myself back just in time.

"What are you waiting for?" the Red Cap said. "Finish her."
"No," I said, as my hair returned to normal. "I agreed to defeat her, not kill her."
The Red Cap laughed. "You are stupidly noble," she said. "Very well. I'll withdraw my servants. But be warned; It is not over between us. Sooner or later, I'll see you again."

So I managed to avoid the first plague. My next plague is on the 25, in Suez, Egypt, against the Intrusion. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment