Friday, November 9, 2012

More Dreams

I've had three more of those dreams, like the one I mentioned a couple posts ago.

In the first one, I saw myself, kneeling over a pool, surrounded by human bones. My eyelids were still black, and my hair had grown out some. I dipped my hands into the pool and drank some of the water. I then clutched my throat and started to cough and sputter. I fell on my back, choking to death. Then Jack appeared and crouched over me.
"Silly boy," he said. "You should have known that the fountain of youth is poisoned. That's why no one who finds it ever lives to tell the story. Those who find it all die from its water. You are no different. Although, I can keep you alive, if you're willing to make a deal.
"No," I coughed, rolling over on my stomach. "I don't need you." I struggled to get back to my feet. I fell over again, but kept trying to get up. He belittles me some more.
"You can't do it," he said. "Very few have pulled it off. What makes you think you can?"
I changed. My eyelids, hair, and raincoat all turned a bright red. I stood up, laughing maniacally. I grabbed Jack by the throat.
"You know what's fun about the Red Cap?" I asked. "When I use her power, I get really masochistic. In this form, the poison empowers me."
"I then threw Jack into the water. The redness faded. I coughed a bit, but I was okay. Jack rose from the water and glared at me.
"You think this water can kill me?" he asked.
"No," I said. "But maybe this will." I shot lightning from my hands and hit the water, giving him a really big shock. He collapsed. Still alive, but weak. "Go to hell," I told him. "And when you get there, tell Bill Dawson I said hi."

That's where that dream ended. In the next dream, I had grown really pale, and my hair had darkened and turned white in places. I looked like the guy in that video, who had left the note. I was entering a detectives office.
"Tony?" I asked. "Tony, are you here? I need to talk."
I entered the back room. There was blood everywhere, and black bags dangled from the ceilings.
"No," I said, falling to the ground. "Not you too. Not like this."
I was on the verge of crying.
Then the Entity came. I looked straight into its faceless face, drew my rapier, and charged. We fought. Teleporting everywhere, trying to gain the upper hand on each other. But the Entity won. It managed to stab a tentacle into my chest, and I went down. It was above me, ready to finish me off. Then I vanished. I reappeared somewhere else, with a masked man standing over me. The symbol on the mask was of the four poker suite, aligned in a row and surrounded by flames. He wore a long, black scarf, and had waist length black hair. If not for his voice, I wouldn't have known who he was.
"You okay, Daniel?" Estren asked.
"Yeah," I replied. "Thanks, Game Master."
"You don't have to use that title on me," he said. "I'm still the same Estren Saltown you've known."
"I know," I said. I paused for a moment. "It's all over, isn't it?"
"It seems so," Estren said. "Almost all of humanity is dead, and the few survivors are being picked off one by one."
There were no more words. I simply laid down my head in my hands and started to cry.

The last dream was of me, just walking with my head down. I looked like I had really lost everything.
"You're really giving up, aren't you?" a voice said. It seemed to be coming from thin air.
"Marshall?" I asked, looking around. "Where are you?"
"Such a silly question," the voice replied. "You know I can no longer manifest physically. I can, however, lead you to a solution."
"A solution?" I asked hopefully. "There's a way to fix all of this?"
"Not exactly," the voice said. "This timeline is doomed, no matter what. But with my help, you can create a new timeline, free from all this tyranny."
"You mean creating a paradox?" I asked.
"Yes," the voice said. "Come."
I began running, and warping occasionally. I was soon in an abandoned house, with intricate symbols drawn on the wood floor.
"This is it," the voice said. "I asked David to arrange things."
"Kallaway was here?" I asked. "Where is he?"
"He left," the voice said. "He though it would be best that he didn't bring his shards of the Brute and Vision into the past. You remember what happened with the Red Cap, right?"
"Of course," I said. "So how does it work?"
"Everything's in place," the voice replied. "All we need is a secret ingredient; fear."
The air became cold, and the windows glazed over. I knew what was happening. The Cold Boy had arrived.
"Shit!" I said. "Why is he here?"
"You've isolated yourself for too long," the voice said. "But this will work to our advantage."
The symbols on the floor started glowing.
"His presence here automatically fuels the ritual," the voice said. "Hurry, the portal opens soon."
Sure enough, a portal appeared. I jumped through, and fell to the ground. Malkator stood over me.


That's where the dream ended. I think I get it now. The guy from the video. He doesn't just look like me, he is me. From the future.


Great Scott, this is heavy.

No comments:

Post a Comment