Monday, May 21, 2012

Saw The Gas Mask Guy Again

Now, where should I begin? I guess it started when Tsu asked me about local gang activity.

"Why are you interested?" I asked.
"That guy in the Gas Mask you mentioned might be the Archangel," He informed me.
"The Archangel?" I questioned him.
"It's a long story, but he's the leader of a gang called the Timberwolves," He said. "They have branches all over the country. I can't really prove whether or not the gas masked guy you saw is the Archangel, but if the Timberwolves are active in the the area, then it's highly possible it's the same guy."
"i don't know much about gangs," I admitted. "I know this stoner who might know more, but it's a long shot."
"Can you take me to meet him?" He asked.
"Sure," I said. "Just don't go ratting him out for anything."

So we went to visit Kyle and ask if he had heard of the Timberwolves. He didn't know anything, but he did mention seeing some thugs on his way home from the medical clinic. He told us where they were. So we went and picked up Tony before heading over there.

They were at this old store that was shut down a while ago. It was scheduled for demolition later this week, but... well, I'll get to that. There was a bunch of thugs going in and out of the building. They were all wearing this symbol that looked like a pair of hourglasses.

"This confirms it," Tsu said. "It's definitely the Timberwolves. Which means that the guy you saw was the Archangel."
"Do you have a plan?" I asked.
"Course I do," He said, removing his jacket to reveal that he was wearing the same hourglass pattern on his T-shirt. "I put this on this morning so I could blend in."
"You're not actually planning to go in there, are you?" I asked.
"I'll be fine as long as I don't give away that I'm a collector," He assured me.

Tony and I waited outside for about ten minutes. Then something caught my eye.

He was standing right across the street. It was that same guy that I saw last night on my way home. He was just standing there, in his grey clothes, staring at the store. He made eye contact with me briefly, then turned and started walking away. His face was abnormally symmetrical. I don't know why it bothered me so much, but it did.

Then there was an explosion behind me. I turned and saw that the store was on fire. I rushed in without thinking. Lot's of corpses. Almost threw up. I stop at the first living guy I saw and tried to help him. I didn't care if he was a thug or not, he was still a human being. He tried resisting me, saying something along the lines of "Just let me embrace him!", so I knocked him out and lifted him over my shoulder. He was heavy. I found Tsu a little while later. His leg was pinned by a fallen shelf. I help free him.

"Can you still walk?" I asked.
"Yeah," He said. "Why are you saving that guy?"
"Why shouldn't I?" I asked, but he was no longer paying attention. He was looking at something behind me.
I turned to see a tall bald guy wearing black with his back to me. I think it was the same man I saw that day when we saved that kid. Standing a little further away and looking at him was the gas mask guy. The Archangel. They were just standing there staring at each other.

"Oh, shit," Tsu said. "We have to get out of here." He helped me support the unconscious guy and we headed out the back.

We got the Timberwolf to a hospital. I asked Tsu who the tall man was. All he said was "The less you know about him, the better."

He went off to do some research in a different part of town. I burnt my arm in the fire, so I'm at home rubbing toothpaste on the wound. I'll update more when Tsu gets home.

No comments:

Post a Comment