Monday, May 21, 2012

Crazy Night


And by "crazy" I mean "weird on every possible level".

It started with the "party". I put quotes around it because there were only 6 people there. There was me, Tony, Kyle, Melissa, That Guy Paris, and Lea.

Kyle is my stoner friend. He has one of those fancy medical cards that makes it so that he can legally smoke weed.

Paris is the newest guy in the group. I'm really the only guy who knows him very well. As a joke, we all refer to him as "That Guy, Paris".

Melissa's this girl that likes cats. Tony and I helped her find her lost kitten one day, and we kinda started hanging out after that.

Lea's a friend of Melissa. I don't know her all that well.

It was an okay party. We got shit-faced, played some X-Box, That Guy Paris passed out at some point, and we all had ice cream.

After a while, I decided I should start heading home. I said goodbye to everyone, packed up a couple beers for when I got home, and hopped on my bike. I don't own a car. To pricey. I've more-or-less mastered the art of pretending I'm sober in public, plus it was dark and there went many people out and about. So, I sort of assumed I wouldn't run into any problems.

Oh, how wrong I was. I rode my bike passed this weird guy wearing a grey suit with a gray fedora. The outfit might have looked good if it was in black. Not long after I saw the guy, I was almost killed by a trucker who's brakes blew out. Some guy leapt at me and pushed me out of the way. My bike got destroyed, but I made it out okay. I'm not sure where the truck went.

"Are you all right?" The guy who saved me asked.
"Well, The near death experience managed to sober me up, but other than that I'm fine," I said. "Thanks."
"What's your name?" He asked me.
"I'm Dan," I said. "Dan Ferris."
"I'm Collector Tsu," He said.
"Weird name," I replied.
"It's really just a nickname," He told me.
"Is there any way I can repay you for this?" I asked.
"I could use a place to stay for a little while," He said. "The hotel I'm staying at is annoyingly expensive."
"Parents kicked you out?" I asked.
"I'm in town on business, actually," He said.
"What kind of business?"
"I work for a paranormal investigation agency," He informed me. "I'm here doing research. Speaking of which, have you seen anything unusual lately?"
"Define unusually," I told him.
"Oh you know," he began, "Tall dark figures, birds acting strangely, people becoming obsessed with water, weird guys wearing gas masks."
"That last one sound familiar," I replied.
"Interesting," He said. "This certainly warrant investigation."

So, I now have this Tsu guy staying with me. My roommate's cool with him staying over for a few nights as long as he doesn't make a lot of noise and doesn't steal anything. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go get drunk again.

No comments:

Post a Comment