Thursday, August 8, 2013

Waking Up



Seems I've been out a few weeks. Woke up in a small house, lying in a bed with bandages around my chest. Don't remember much since my last post.
"Okay, where am I?" I asked.
"You're in my dad's house," someone said.
There was this red haired girl standing over me.
"What happened?" I asked. "Why am I here?"
"We found you lying in the street, unconscious," she said. "You were pretty beaten up."
"Why does my chest hurt?" I asked, raising a hand up to the bandages.
"We think you were attacked," she said.
I tore the bandages off to have a look at my chest. It was sickening. The twin triangles were branded right over my heart.
"Fucking Archangel," I muttered.
"What?" she asked.
"Nothing," I said. "Who are you?"
"My name is Carla," she said.
"I'm Daniel," I said.
The door opened and a gray haired man entered.
"Oh, good, you're up," he said. "I'm Father Francis."
"Father?" I asked. "As in 'preacher'?"
"Yes," he confirmed.
"Great," I said sarcastically. I've never liked preachers, or anything that has to do with religion.
"Are you Atheist?" he asked me.
"No," I said. "I believe in gods, and they're all assholes."
"Oh, so you're Greek?" he said, smiling. "Well, you can believe what you want. I don't judge. I have business to attend t, so I won't keep you two."
He left after that.
"You said something about an angel, didn't you?" Carla asked.
"It's not important," I said. "I should probably leave soon."
"You can't yet," she said. "Your legs aren't healed yet."
"What?" I asked, moving the blankets aside. My left leg was in a cast, and my right was bound in bandages.
"Yeah, you were hurt pretty badly," she said.
"Damn it," I said.
"I'll leave you alone for a while," she said.
She left. I don't remember anything. All I know is that the Archangel or one of his followers attacked me.

No comments:

Post a Comment