Thursday, August 22, 2013

Emotionless

"So how long will it take you guys to get here?"
"The way the wnd is... a couple days."
"And you can get here unseen?"
"The Wooden Girl wouldn't just captain any old ship, would she? Nah, this baby's got some tricks up her sails. We can get there without anyone seeing us. Just wait for us a couple miles South of town. We'll give you a signal so you'll know where we are, then you just Godsway on board."
"Sounds like a plan."
"Also, we have a new passenger."
"Who is it?"
"Don't freak out, but... it's kind of your mom..."
"Wait, what?"
"Garrot was still curious about your Devil Killer powers. He thought that maybe your mom might have the answers. Turns out, she did."
"What do you mean?"
"I think it's better if she explains it to you."
"I haven't spoken to my mom in years!"
"I know, man. But you're gonna want to hear what she has to say. It's kind of important."
"Fine..."
"I'll call you back later."
"Alright. Bye Tony."
"Peace out, man."

Hung up the phone after that. What the hell was Kelterry thinking, picking up my mom? I'm gonna have to make him explain this when I get back to the ship. I'd just Godsway there right now, but I don't know the exact location of the ship. They'll have to come to me.

In the mean time, I'm staying in a small town in Rhode Island. Not gonna put exact coordinates on the blog, for safety reasons.

Anyway, after that phone call with Tony ended, I heard a scream, just a couple blocks from me. So, being the reckless bastard that I am, I went to investigate. What I found wasn't to pretty.

There was a man, lying on the pavement. And lying a few feet away from him, was his head. Standing over him was a girl. She was kind of cute. A little too young for me, but still kind of cute. What wasn't cute was the blood stained long sword in her hands.

"What happened?" I demanded. "Did you kill him?"
"He had it coming," she said. Her voice was completely monotone. No em,otion in it whatsoever.
"What do you mean?" I asked.
"He was a bully," she said.
"Is that it?" I demanded. "He was a bully?"
"Bullies deserve to die," she said emptily.
"You just killed a person just for being a bully!" I shouted at her. "Do you have any idea how fucked up that logic is!?"
"Don't raise your voice at me," she said, raising her sword. "It's a mean thing to do."
I drew my own sword.
"Do you plan to fight me with that?" she asked.
"Yeah, I do," I said.
"Did you know this man?" she asked me.
"I have no clue who his is," I said.
"Then why avenge him?" she asked.
"I'm not doing this for vengeance!" I said. "I'm doing this to stop you. It doesn't matter that I don't know him."
"So you're going to kill me so that I won't kill any more bullies?" she asked.
"I'm not going to kill anyone!" I snapped. "I said I'm going to stop you!"
"Oh," she said. "Well, good luck."

She swung her sword at me, and I parried it. I swung mine, trying to cut her arm, but she dodged and knicked me in the shoulder with her own blade. We kept at it, but she was good. Better than I am. As if she does nothing but train with that sword. And on top of that, it was no normal sword. Up close, I could feel it. I was the same as the sword I gave to Scia. It had destroyed this girl's emotions. Even if I did want to kill her, doing so would be pointless. She was already dead.

"You can't beat me," she said, driving me back. "You have too many feelings holding you back. To many stupid emotions, weakening you."
"Go fuck yourself!" I snapped.

My sword burast into bright flames. They had never been quite the same since my fight with Red Daniel. They burned brighter, and wider than they used to. She stepped back, away from the intense heat.

"You're not the only one with a supernatural weapon," I told her.

It was at that point that I did get a sense of emotion from her. Fear. She turned from me and ran. Ran to a brick wall nearby. A brick wall with a door, that didn't belong there.

I tried to stop her. Strings pierced my finger tips from the inside, coming out and extending. They reached for her, trying to bind her before she could reach the door. But they weren't fast enough. The door slammed shut before they reached her.

The strings withdrew as I ran to the door. As I approached it, it faded away slowly, melting back into the bricks. It was gone by the time I reached it.

She had ran right through a door to the Empty City. On the plus side, she wouldn't be killing anyone here in the normal world. On the down side, the Empty City had claimed a new victim. Because of me. I'm the reason she tried to escape through the door. And now she's trapped there.

Damn it. Why do shitty things happen whenever I try to do the right thing.

Guess there's nothing left to do right now except wait for the damn ship to get here...

No comments:

Post a Comment