Monday, August 19, 2013

The Angel Of Death



I was there for another week when it happened. Carla was treating my wounds when I had that feeling. A Fear was present. And in a few moments, he entered the room. The Archangel. In her father's body.
"Hello, Carla," he said.
"Carla, get out of here," I said, sitting up.
"What?" she asked.
"That's not your dad, it's the Archangel," I said.
"Now why would you tell her such a silly lie?" he asked.
I reached down to my leg and ripped off the cast.
"What are you doing?" Carla asked. "How did you...?"
I got to my feet and faced the Archangel. It hurt my leg to do that, but I had no choice.
"I must say, that scar looks good on you," the Archangel said.
"Get out of here," I demanded.
"No," he replied.
He raised a hand and sent me crashing into the wall. I slumped to the grund, in even more pain then before.
"Daniel!" Carla said, running up to me. She placed a hand on my chest and I had this weird sensation. My pain was disappearing, slowly. My wounds were beginning to close up.
"You... you're healing me?" I said. "How?"
"I don't know," she said.
Before she could finish healing me, a black sword pierced her from behind. She slumped over, dead.
"Carla!?" I said.
"What a shame," the Archangel said. "Killed by her own father. And now, her soul is mine."
"I don't think so!" I said. "This is one soul I won't let you have!"
I absorbed her soul before the Archangel had a chance to. He grabbed me by the throat and flung me against the other wall.
"You will return to me what is mine!" he shouted.
Let me fight, Justin said. Let me take him!
Okay, I said.
My form changed. I became Justin, and a scythe appeared in Justin's hand.
"You!?" the Archangel said.
"Long time no see," Justin said.
They attacked each other. I had no idea how good of a fighter Justin was. Apparently, he had been training. The Archangel retreat, but I know he'd be back. He always comes back.
I'm sorry, Carla. I told you, I should have left before. Everyone I'm ever around ends up dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment