Friday, April 19, 2013

Items


Okay, I have to write this quick so we can leave. Slendy's in this town. He's not paying us any attention right now, but we need to leave before he does.

Scia and I met with Servik as planned, and he brought us to the hideout. Scia didn't seem to trust him, but I did. Don't ask me why, I just did. It was empty. I guess everyone was worshiping Slender Man somewhere else at the time. Anyway, we explored for a while before finding an alter with three items placed on it.

The first thing was a sacrificial dagger covered in blood stains. The words Erigian ta-almo Isalein forvourn were engraved in the handle.

The next item was a bone. A bone with fucking satanic symbols carved all over it.

The third object was small. I didn't even see it at first. It was a red crystal, smaller than a grain of rice. It was full of eldritch energy.

“So what is all this stuff?” I asked.
“The bone is supposed to draw spirits into the area,” Servik explained. “The knife is used to sacrifice something to the Unseen Face when and if it arrives.”
“Sacrifice what?” I asked.
“I don't want to talk about it,” he said. “Why do you think I want out?”
“And what's with the crystal?” Scia asked.
“Another sacrifice,” Servik said. “Meant to add to the Unseen Face's power.”
“Well, we can't have that thing growing any stronger,” I said.
“You can say that again,” Scia said, reaching for it.
“Careful,” Servik said. “That thing is-”
“OW!” Scia exclaimed. She jerked her hand back, and I could see the crystal embedded in her palm.
“-Sharp...,” Servik finished.

Scia cried out again. The Eldritch energy from the crystal was flowing through her body. When it stopped, a small mouth had appeared on the palm of her right hand, where the crystal had stabbed her.

“It's just like with Malkator,” I said. “He had a mouth like that on his chest, after getting cut open with an eldritch dagger.”
“So is this stuff what you're looking for?” Servik asked.
“Probably,” I said. “Although, I don't know why we'd need any of it, other than crystal.”

A path suddenly opened up, and a proxy stepped out of it. He had on a metal mask, and was carrying a Sonic Sword.

“Hello, Daniel,” he said. “Been a while.”
“Sound,” I said. “What are you doing here?”
“I'm just here to deal with you,” he said. “You've been causing problems, and my master has decided you need to be dealt with.”

Scia drew a blade from her shoe and charged at him.

“Scia, wait!” I called after her. “That sword can-!”

She ignored me, and he parried her attack with his sword. The sound wave it created hit her, and she fell over, clutching her ears.

“What is that thing?” Servik asked.
“A Sonic Sword,” Sound said. “It's designed to amplify sound waves.”
“Then why aren't you affected by it?” Servik asked.
Sound brushed his hair aside, revealing a device inside of his ear.
“If you're wearing earplugs, then why can you still hear us?” Servik asked.
“They're not ear plugs,” he said. “They're devices built to adjust the frequency of any sound wave they pick up so that my ears can handle them.”

Scia grabbed him by the ankle with her right hand, and he cried out in pain. She must have bitten him. The Eldritch energy inside his body left him, being absorbed by Scia. He angrily threw her off of him, then began laughing.

“What's so funny?” I asked. “All your power is gone. You're not an Enhanced anymore.”
“And I should thank you for that,” he said. “Enhanced have shortened life spans. I as nearing my limit. Now... now that's over. My body is no longer threatened by my power. Besides...”
He drew a gun and shot the alter. The bullet he fired was large, and had a mini speaker built into it.
“I don't need my Enhancement to beat you,” he said.

The bullet let out this ear-piercing screech. I grabbed the knife and stabbed it into the speaker, disabling it. He dropped a machine on the floor, and it let out an even louder noise. I used the Choir's power to restrain the sound as much as I could. Scia got up and continued fighting him. Servik charged at him two. They managed to knock him out, or so I thought. I grabbed the items and we ran to the door. It was then that I heard a gunshot. Sound wasn't knocked out. Servik... Servik fell to the ground, with a hole through his heart. Sound escaped immediately afterwards through the Path Of Black Leaves.

“Damn it!” I said. “He's... he's dead!”
“Where did that bastard go?” Scia demanded.
“I don't know,” I said. “But I'll make him pay for this next time I see him. Wait a second...”

I could see something. There was black mist rising from Servik's wound. I could sense him inside of it. His very essence was escaping his body. I reached out my hand and the mist was absorbed into me.

Servik, can you hear me? I thought.
Yeah, I heard him say. I'm on a ship... in the sky! What's going on?
I'll explain later, I said.

I could feel him. Slender Man was nearby.

“I can feel Slender Man,” I said.
“What do we do?” Scia asked.
“We run,” I said.

We took off, but I could feel him getting closer. I had to get us back to the hotel as quick as I could. I only had one choice.

“This is gonna hurt like shit!” I told Scia, grabbing her by the wrist.
“What's gonna hurt like-” she started to say, but she was cut off when I dove into the Godsway.

We fell on the hotel floor. My right arm felt like it was on fire, and she didn't seem much better. We explained the situation to Kallaway. I'm gonna finish typing this, then hes gonna try to open up a gateway into the Grove Of Fetters, then we're out of here.

No comments:

Post a Comment