Monday, April 8, 2013

Cult Town


David and I are about 20 miles outside of New York City now. We would be further, but our transportation is limited. I can't use the Godsway in my condition. Every time I use it, I feel a searing pain throughout my body. With my arm the way it is, I can't use it safely. And even if I could, I couldn't bring David with me. He's not a Devil Killer like me, or a Fear descendant like Malkator. I don't think he'd be able to enter.

We tried going through the Streams of Destiny, but as soon as we entered, I felt something. Something terrible in the distance. It wasn't a Fear. It was something else. Something I didn't want to be in the same world as. So, we left immediately. I'm not taking my chances.

We entered this town called Liatis earlier. David was hesitant to enter.

“Be careful,” he told me.
“Why?” I asked.
“I've been here before,” he said. “This is a cult town. Everyone here is a follower of Slender Man.”
“So this is a huge town full of Proxies?” I asked.
“Not exactly,” he said. “There's a difference between cultists and proxies. These are just a bunch of nutjobs who worship the tall guy. But that doesn't mean we shouldn't watch our backs. Tall dark and faceless has been known to humor his cults with his presence.”
“So, be careful, basically?” I asked.
“Yeah,” he said. “We're just passing through. Just don't mention who we really are and the people here should leave us alone.”

So, here we are. Hopefully we'll be okay. We'll be leaving in a couple days. Wish me luck, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment