Thursday, April 18, 2013

Servik and the Glowing Person


I met this guy earlier. While David and Scia were sleeping, I heard this voice. It wasn't normal. It was like it was inside my head, but at the same time it wasn't. It seemed familiar.

Daniel, go outside, it said. I tried ignoring it, but it repeated itself over and over again until I caved. I went outside of the hotel. Down the street,and make a left. I obeyed it. It kept giving me directions. I followed them, until I found myself at the edge of the city. This is far enough.

“Who are you?” I asked.
I am a friend, it said. I aim to help you.
“What's your named?” I asked it.
All in good time, Ma- Daniel,” it said.
“What was that?” I asked. Did you just almost screw up my name?”
Oh, pay no attention to that, it said.
“What are we doing here?” I asked.
A friend will be joining us shortly, it said. Just be patient.

I waited for a few minutes, before a guy showed up. He was about 18, with spiky blonde hair and white clothes.

“Are you the Daniel guy that the voice keeps telling me about?” he asked me.
“My name is Daniel, yes,” I said. “You hear that voice too?”
You can both hear me because I speak to both of you, it said.
“Did you hear that too?” he asked. “I've been putting up with it for about a week now.”
“Yeah, I hear it,” I said.
Ugh, I just said you can both hear me! It said.
“Who are you?” I asked the kid.
“My name's Servik,” he said. “The voice says you can help me.”
“Help you what?” I asked.
“Get out,” he said simply.
“What do you mean by that?” I asked.
Isn't it obvious? The voice asked. Servik here was born in this town, and has been a part of this cult his entire life. He wants out, and you can help him with that.
“Why don't you just leave?” I asked.
“It's not an option for me,” he said. “The only way out for me is if someone with access to a pathway sneaks me out.”
“The Grove Of Fetters,” I mumbled to myself.
“What was that?” he asked.
“My friends and I only have access to one domain right now, and we're not even sure if it'll work.”
“If there's a chance, I'll take it,” he said.
And of course, Servik can help you in return, the voice said.
“How so?” I asked.
“The voice here says your after the artifacts that my cult is planning to hand over to the unseen Face,” he said.
“The Unseen Face?” I asked.
“That's our name for it,” he said. “According to legend, the being has a face, but it's so grand that we can't comprehend it, and therefore see nothing when we look at it.”
“That's an interesting theory,” I said. “So what exactly are these artifacts?”
“I'm not sure exactly,” he said. “There hidden in one of the town's secret temples, and it just so happens I know which they're it's in. Unfortunately, I don't know exactly where in the temple they are. I haven't even been all the way inside of it yet.”
“But you can bring me to the temple, right?” I asked. “Once I'm there, I should be able to figure out where they are.”
“How so?” he asked.
“I have ways,” I said.
“Okay then,” he said. “Meet me at (removing meeting location for safety reasons) tomorrow night at 1.”
“Okay,” I said. “I'll be there.”
Good, the voice said. I'm glad the two of you have come to an agreement.
“Who the hell are you, anyway?”
I am black and I am white, it said. A bright light suddenly appeared in the distance, taking a vaguely humanoid shape, but glowing too brightly for me to pick out any of its features. My name cannot be said right now, but you will soon come to understand the nature of my existence. Until them, goodbye, Daniel Ferris and Servik Caekiza.
With that, the being made of light faded away.
“Okay, that was fuckin' weird,” Servik said.
“Honestly, I've seen stranger things, but that was still a confusing sight,” I admitted. “Anyway, I'll see you tomorrow.
“Great,” he said. “See you then.”


So, we're getting help. Hooray.

No comments:

Post a Comment