Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Sorry For The Late Post

I would have told about last night sooner, but I decided to sleep in. And you shouldn't blame me, because last night was f@&king crazy.

Kyle and Paris were both totally down to invade a government building, so we agreed to meet outside the hospital at night. I chained my bike up across the street and made my way over their. While I was on my way to their car, when I noticed something on the ground. It was the card the Archangel had tried giving me a while back. The one with the two symbols on it. I picked it up and pocketed it.

I approached them.

"So what exactly are we in for?" Kyle asked.
"These guys are working for this guy called the Game Master," I said. I've read Malkator's blog, so I know a thing or two about the Game Master, and honestly, I'm kind of scared.

Hey HELLFIRE, you think you can explain this? I thought.
Relax, Seraph should be here shortly, He replied.

And then a woman climbed out of the side view mirror. Yes, you read that right.

"God damn it," she complained. "You guys couldn't bring a larger mirror?"
"Honestly, HELLFIRE didn't warn me about this," I said.
"Well, would you mind bringing him out here?" she asked.
"Why don't you tell us who you are first?" I replied.
"I'm Seraph," she said. "I figured HELLFIRE would've told you about me already."
"Not much," I said.
"Well, I know what we're up against," she said. "I've been fighting this organization with a group the tall guy's servants for a while. They had to go off on another assignment, but my mistress wanted me to keep going on with this. So I ended up enlisting help from on of the Dying Man's shards."
"So which one do you work for?" I asked.

She pulled down the collar of he shirt some and revealed a bunch of green scales. I guess she works for the mother of snakes. I had to calm Kyle and Paris down a bit before we could leave.

We arrived there a half hour later. It didn't look much like a government base. More of like, a warehouse. Seraph used her mirror transport power thingy to open the doors from the inside. It was awfully quiet, and there didn't seem to be anyone there. HELLFIRE guided my body to where we were supposed to go.

There was a glowing orb sitting on a pedestal in the middle of one of the rooms. Seraph and I approached it while the others stood guard by the door.

"What is it?" Seraph asked.
"This is what we came here for," HELLFIRE said through my lips. "This object needs to be destroyed.
"And do you think I'll let you do that?" said another voice. We both looked up to see a balding man looking down at us from a hanging walkway.
"It can't be!" Seraph exclaimed. "Sound killed you!"
"My son failed to kill me," he said.

HELLFIRE didn't seem to like this guy, because he immediately shot a fireball at the walkway. The man dodged and fired a bullet at me. It missed and hit the pedestal instead. The orb clattered to the ground and rolled across the floor. Seraph went after it.

"No, wait!" HELLFIRE exclaimed. But it was too late. She had grabbed it. As soon as she touched it, she started moving jerkily, as if struggling with something inside her head. And then I realized Oh crap, she is struggling with something inside her head!

She stopped and turned to face me and HELLFIRE. The other man seemed to be too frightened to fire at any of us.

"Hello, brother," she said. "Don't tell me you were really trying to kill me."
"Silvermist," HELLFIRE hissed. "This is exactly what I was trying to avoid."
What's Silvermist? I asked.
It's another Dying Man shard, HELLFIRE said. Just because we're part of the same being doesn't mean we have to like each other.
"I feel different," she said. "Did some of those guys crazy experiments actually work?"

Then she exhaled and blew a bunch of freezing cold mist our way. HELLFIRE took complete control and tried to fight her, but she got away. We decided to split too.

The car ride home seemed longer then it should have.

What's the deal with Silvermist? I asked HELLFIRE.
It was a trouble maker, he said. Even the other Dying Men despised it. One day, the other Fears saw fir to seal it away. Apparently, those foolish government agents found it and were experimenting on it.
So what do we do from here? I asked.
Post on your blog, he said. Tell Estren that I'm ready to return to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment