Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Voicemail

When I woke up this morning, there was a missed call from Tony. I... I haven't heard from him since that fight we had. He had left a voicemail, so I listened to it. It was mostly static, with some words jumbled into it.

“Daniel... puppet... the old church... Malk... Moss Garden... Fire...”

And then it ended.

“What did all that mean?” David asked. He had heard the whole thing.
“I'm not sure,” I said.
“He mentioned an old church, right?” he asked.
“Yeah,” I said. “That place has been pretty significant so far. Justin died there. I had my first fight with the Archangel there, plus the rematch, and it's where the alter that caused the Dimensional Bleeding was hidden. And the Vision transported me there once.”
“Your first fight and your rematch, huh?” David asked, stroking his chin. “Of course!”
“What is it?” I asked.
“Wha? Oh, it's nothing much,” he replied. “I just realized something. What about Moss Garden? Where is that place?”
“It's not a place, it's a song,” I told him. “By David Bowie.”
“He must be talking about an SMSC agent,” David said. “And then... puppets, and fire?”
“You think he might be in trouble?” I asked.

David sat on his bed and thought for a while. It was several minutes before he spoke again.

“You should go,” he said.
“What?” I asked.
“If he is in trouble, you should go help him,” David said.
“Are you sure?” I asked. “What about Gordon?”
“I'll handle Gordon,” David said, pulling the card Gordon had given him from his pocket. “This conversation helped me realize where to find him.”
“You sure you can take him?” I asked.
“It should be me to fight him,” David said. “I killed him before. This time, I'll destroy him.”

We sat in silence for a minute.

“Okay,” I said. “Good luck. If you need help, you know how to reach me.”
“Got it,” he said. “You take care of that friend of yours.”







Tony... I know we had a falling out, but if he contacted me, he must need help. I'm going to lend him a hand, as soon as I wrap up this post. Hope I'm not too late to do anything.

2 comments:

  1. This seems delightfully tricky. I enjoy your charismatic attitude, I tip my hat to you good sir, if I had one.

    ReplyDelete