Sunday, September 2, 2012

Reverie

So my dream sucked last night.

I was in the middle of a circus tent, with a huge crowd of people booing at me. But they weren't people. There were phantoms and gross monsters. Disembodied faces sneering at and living fire balls cackling madly. And in the middle of it all, standing right in front of me on a raised platform, was the circus's ringleader.

He was wearing a black suit, which was left unbuttoned to reveal a gray and red striped v-neck shirt. He had on a top hat over fiery orange hair and held a cane in his left hand. His face was all wrong. The outer corners of his eyelids were black, his mouth was over-sized with pointed teeth, and his nose was long and pointy.

"Welcome!" he called to the audience of demons and ghosts. "The main event of the evening will now commence! The moment you have all been waiting for! The ultimate battle to show us just what Daniel here can do! He's conquer many trials, but now we have an adversary that can truly give him a challenge! I present the Indisen scythe-wielder; Justin Ferin!"

Justin stood across from me, with a dead look in his eyes, holding the Archangel's scythe in his hands.

"What's going on!" I demanded. Suddenly, the Ringleader was behind me, leaning down to whisper in my ear.
"Isn't he just the perfect opponent?" he said. "His soul has been torn away from the Archangel, and yet he still possesses its power! This fight will truly be something to behold! Now, BEGIN!"

A halberd appeared before me, and Justin charged. I grabbed the halberd and defended myself. Justin was under some sort of mind control. I couldn't get through to him. So I went with the only thing I could think of. It wasn't easy, but I managed to knock him out. I then lifted him over my shoulders and ran from the tent.

Unfortunately, I only got a few feet outside before I found myself the the edge of a cliff. The world was twisted, with crazy color shifting skies. I turned around and saw the swarm of monsters blocking my path the other way. The only way to go was down.

I jumped off the cliff. I guess it was kind of stupid, but it was my subconscious, so I figured I might have some control over things. And I was right. The ship appeared, but this time it wasn't in the Ocean; it was flying through the sky. I landed on it, and it took off at high speed. The demons tried chasing it, but the ship was fast enough to outrun them. For a little while, anyway.

The Ringleader appeared, bigger than a mountain, and blocking the ship's path. This guy was starting to piss me off.

"Who are you!??" I demanded angrily. "What the fuck do you want from me!?"
"I am the Reverie, the core of the Grotesque and the creator of all nightmares," he bellowed.  "My reasons for being here are for me to know, and you to guess at."

I grabbed the halberd. It started glowing brightly, and I threw it at the bastard's eye. I guess he wasn't expecting it. He clutched his face and screamed loudly while I escaped with Justin on the ship.

Justin eventually came to. I asked him what the hell an Indisen is, but he didn't know. He said that he had tried to fight off the Grotesque on his own, but lost and was turned into a puppet. I hope that fucking Reverie bastard leaves me alone for a while, but he seems pretty persistent.

No comments:

Post a Comment