Thursday, September 20, 2012

I Can't Believe Any Of This

Me, Malkator, and Tony went to the building. There were birds everywhere, just watching us as we snuck in.

It was a trap. We were ganged up on by proxies. They tied us up and threw us into this room. Paris was there, bound up just like us. And that guy in the Pac-Man mask was standing over us.

"You took your sweet time finding us," he said. He then turned to another proxy who was leaning against a wall. "Do you know when Master's gonna get here?"
The other guy shrugged. "I'm guessing he'll show up once all the guests arrive," he said. This guy bared striking resemblance to the government guy we met during the Silvermist fiasco.
"Oh well," the Pac-Man guy said.
"So you're the Gamer?" Malkator asked, smiling.
"Why are you so smug?" he asked.
"Oh no reason," Malkator said.

Then, without warning, he broke out of his bindings. A pair of wings sprouted from his back and blades grew from his forearms. He kicked the masked guy in the chest so hard that he went flying. He then cut through the ropes binding the rest of us. A number of proxies charged at Malkator, and he began fighting them all. Then this other guy with a huge sword crashed through the ceiling and joined in.

Tony and I grabbed Paris and tried to run for it, but we didn't get very far before the proxy who resembled the government guy got in our way. I drew my sword and charged at him. He blocked my attack with his own weapon. As soon as our swords collided with each other, there was a clang louder than anything I had ever heard. I stepped back, clutching my head from the noise. He attacked with his sword, and I blocked. Another clang. I dropped to my knees. The sound was overwhelming. He raised his sword, ready to strike again, but I managed to get back up and grab his sword arm. Ice suddenly formed on his arm, and he panicked and dropped the sword. I picked it up and whacked him in the head with it. He was knocked out.

I stopped and examined the sword some. It was completely blunt, and seemed to be designed to amplify sound when struck against something. I turned to check on the others. I didn't like what I saw.

While I had been distracted by that fight, the Entity had appeared. Tony was unconscious on the ground and the Entity had its tentacles around Paris. I tried to jump in and help him, but I was thrown aside by a tentacle. The Entity released Paris. He had changed. There was a dead look in his eyes. He wasn't human anymore. He had become a Hallowed.

Then the guy with the huge sword charged in and tried to cleave the Entity in two. Another fight started to break out, and suddenly there was a hand on my shoulder and voice said "Things are about to get ugly." next thing I know, I'm lying on my back a few blocks away. Every muscle in my body was aching horribly.

I stood up and tried to make my way back to the building. Unfortunately, the Smiling Man had other plans. He appeared, and sent a cloud of flower petals after me. I ran, but not fast enough. The flower petals grazed my legs and cut the flesh. I fell to the ground. He sent more petals after me, but this time another guy got in the way. The wind suddenly changed  and the petals dispersed. Then all the birds attacked the Smiling Man, and he ran away. The guy helped my up. He said he was O'Zalia, the guy who's been talking to me telepathically.

I made it back to the hotel. Tony and Malkator are okay, but Paris...

FUCK!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment