Saturday, November 9, 2013

Veratis Kalohella part 1


I'm splitting what happened in Veratis Kalohella into two posts, for reasons.

 

After my last post, tings got weird. he ship teleported to anther layer of reality. That's what Kelterry told me ayway. Weird place that I can't really describe. We were there for a long time before we finally found our destination.

"Here it is," elterry said.

We were flying before a giant, floating island with a huge castle on it, with all kinds of balconies and terraces and stuff that didn't look normal at all.

"If I remember correctly, that back door right over here is the place," he said.

"So, you want me to go in and grab whatever it is we're looking for?" I asked.

"Pretty much," he said. "It's a hand mirror. You'll know it when you see it."

"Okay," I said.

I tried to get there through the Godsway, but it didn't work.

"Why can't I use the Godsway?" I asked.

"The Godsway only exists on the first layer of reality," Kelterry said. "You can't enter it here."

"Damn," I said. "What about my other powers?"

"No idea," he said.

"I guess I'll have to jump down then," I said, not very happy about it.

"Gravity's weak here," he said. "You'll be fine."

"If you say so," I said.

"Oh yeah, and take this," he said, holding out a hand. Some kind of small black slimiy looking lizard was crawling around on his palm.

"And that is?" I asked.

"Demetri," he said. "Let him ride on your head, and you'll be able to understand what the natives here say. He's basically an Eldritch translator. Try it out."

"Okay...," I said, reaching my hand out. It crawled on my arm, and burried itself in my hair.

Kelterry cleared his throat, and then spoke some weird words that sounded like he was trying to gargle and vomit at the same time. But I could understand it. He was saying "How's it working?"

"Nicely," I said. "Where's you get this guy?"

"Long story," he said. "Now go on."

I jumped down and landed on the ground on the floating island. Managed to stick my landing unharmed.

As soon as I made it down there, another figure showed up. Someone I recognized.

"Oh god, it's you," I said, as PAvouk approached me.

"Hello, Ferris," he said. He was still speaking that weird language from the last time I saw him, but Demetri translated for me. Which must have meant that PAvouk was connected to this world somehow.

"What do you want?" I demanded.

"A rematch," he said, lifting up his dueldisk.

 

So, yeah, the rest of this post is gonna be a card game, so if you want, you can just skip it. I'll cover everything that happened after the duel in my next post.

 

Anyway, as he was in my way, I decided to humor him. I got out my own duel disk and stood across from him. I remember his deck had an anti xyz strategy. Lucky for me, the deck I had with me didn't even use xyz monsters.

 

"I'll go first!" I said. "I summon Maha Vailo in attack mode!"

A spellcaster appeared on my field, with 1550 attack points.

"Next, I equip him with Mist Body!" I said. "Do to this card's effect, Maha Vailo can't be destroyed in battle. And additionally, Maha Vailo gains 500 attack for every card equiped to him!"

My monster's attack pwer rose to 2050.

"I end my turn," I said.

 

"My turn!" Pavouk said. "I activate the spell card One For One! Now, by discarding Intrusion Milipede from my hand, I can special summon my level 1 Intrusion Firefly from my deck!"

A glwing insect appeared on his field. it only had 200 attack points.

"Next, I use Firefly's effect," he said. "Since I control no spell or trap cards, I can pay 1000 life points to summon another copy of it from my deck!"

His life dropped to 7000, and another Fiefly appeared.

"I'll use this effect again!" he said.

His life dropped to 6000, and a third bug showed uo.

"Now, I build the overlay network with these three level 1 monsters!" he declared. "I call forth Intrusion House Fly!"

The largest god damn fly I've ever seen appeared on his field. It had 1500 attack and 1000 defense.

"Now, I use my monsters effect!" he said. "By using an overlay unit, the Intrusion Milipede in my graveyard becomes level 7!"

At the time, I had no idea what he was planning. But he kept going.

"I use another overlay unit to turn the Intrusion Firefly in my graveyard into a level 7!" he said. "And then I'll use this effect one last time to turn another of the Intrusion Fireflies into a level 7 monster!"

"Where are you going with this?" I asked.

"I activate the spell card Eclipse Of Fear!" he said. "Now, I can banish all level 7 Fear cards from my graveyard, and increase a Fear monster's attack power by 1000 for each of them!"

Now it made sense. There were three level 7 Fear cards in his graveyard now, and as he banished them all, his House Fly rose to 4500 attack points.

"Now, attack!" he ordered.

His House Fly buzzed forward, and I received 2450 damage. Fortunately, my monster survived.

"Now I move to main phase 2," he said. "From my hand, I use the effect of Intrusion Zicada!"

He placed a level 7 monster with 3000 attack points into his spell and trap card zone.

"I can activate this caard as a continuous spell card," he informed me. "Then, it will gain 7 sleep counters, one of which will be removed each time an end phase passes."

"And what happens when they're all gone?" I asked.

"When that happens, I can special summon it to the field," he said.

Not good. In 7 end phases, he'd be bringing out a 3000 attack point Fear card.

"I end my turn," he said, and a sleep counter was removed from his Zicada. His House Fly's attack returned to normal.

 

"My turn!" I said, drawing. "I activate Cost Down, so by discarding Sword Hunter, the levels of every card in my hand is reduced by two. Now, I tribute my Maha Vailo to summon Archangel, Lord Of The Fallen!"

The Archangel appeared on my field, with its mighty 2500 attack points. Pavouk drew back a bit, remember when I used it in our last duel.

"I use his effect!" I said. "Now, I can equip him with the Sword Hunter in my graveyard!"

The Archangel took Swrd Hunter's form.

"Now, I'll have him attack your House Fly!" I declared.

He received 1000 damage and his monster was destroyed.

"Next, Archangel's effect activates!" I said. "Since he gains Sword Hunter's effect, I can convert your monster into an equip spell that gives him 200 attack."

Intrusion House Fly equipped itself to Archangel, raising his attack to 2700.

"Archangel gains the power of every monster equipped to him," I said. "However, House Fly's effect is useless to me, so I'll activate the Archangel's other effect, allowing me to destroy a monster equipped to him and equip him with a different monster from my graveyard! Sure, He'll lose the 200 attack he gains from House Fly, but in exchange, he'll gain Maha Vailo's effect! And you know what that means!"

The Archangel's attack power went up to 3500; and extra 500 for each card equipped to him.

"Now, I set two cards face down and end my turn," I said. Another sleep counter was removed from Zicada.

 

"You'll pay," Pavouk hissed, drawing a card. "I summon Intrusion Lance Beetle!"

A new monster appeared on his field. It was level 4 (first time I've seen him use something other than 1 or 7) and had 500 attack. It was a very large beetle holding two spears.

"When Lance Beetle is summoned, I can destroy all of my opponent's equip spell cards!" Pavouk said.

"Oh shit...," I muttered, as his beetle wiped out both the cards equipped to Archangel, returning his attack to normal.

"Now, for each card destroyed this way, Lace Beetle gains 1000 attack until the end phase!" he said.

His monster rose to 2500 attack. The same as my Archangel.

"Now-" Pavouk said, but before he could finish, there was an Earthshaking roar at the other end of the castle. He paused for a moment, before turning from me. "We'll settle this later," he said, taking off.

"What the hell?" I said out loud.

I don't know what made that roaring sound, but it had scared off Paavouk. I was starting to have second thoughts about this mission. But I had to keep going.

I'll finish this later. I need a break now.

1 comment: